Thursday, April 11, 2013

Celebrating

Today is the first anniversary of Ken and I owning a home.  I can still remember getting the keys to our house and sleeping in it, even though we didn't have a bed, just because it was a huge accomplishment for us.

We still have a lot to do on our house to decorate but we love it! Here are some of the big purchases we have made the past year to make our house a home....

  •  We bought a new couch!  Ken wanted something comfy and I wanted something cute.  We compromised and ended up with a huge charcoal grey couch with hounds tooth print.


 
 
  • When we were first married we bought a dining room table but I couldn't find chairs I liked....or that I could afford.  Last April, we got these chairs and added a bench that can be pulled up if needed.  I love our little dining room and we have enjoyed many family dinners here!






 








  •  For Christmas my parents got us a new bed.  I am beyond thrilled with the one we chose and I think it looks great up against the grey wall.  Now we just need new nightstands, a dresser, a mattress, and the list goes on.......  But we are happy and it is slowly but surely coming together!




Cheers to another great celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment